Written by Harley Lewis
Recently, London-based solo artist Danny Wright went on tour around the UK. He preformed gigs in Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Southampton and London. I spoke to Danny about tour and being a preformer, here is what he had to say!
You’ve just come back from your first tour with a band! How was the experience?
"It was such a great experience, to have my songs I wrote a long time ago heard in a live environment was so amazing! It’s great to have live music to create more energy."
What was your favourite gig to play? Any given reason?
"They were all so much fun, the response at every show was great! London was quite special as it was on a boat during the day! We literally rocked the boat!!"
You have a new single coming out soon, how is it coming along and can you tell me anything about it?
"I do have a new single coming out. I’m in the works of putting a music video together for it. It’s for a song called ‘Nerves’. It’s about shyness and self confidence. It’s one of my favourite songs to play live at the moment"
How did you go about forming the band? Some or most fans always knew you as a solo artist and im pretty sure they would love to know about the band and how it all came together!
"I am a solo artist, but the music I write is catered for a full band set up. When starting this solo project, I always knew at some point I would want a band behind me. I feel so lucky to have it for my first tour. Outside of this I do session work and I know the band members from session jobs I’ve done in the past. They are all very talented and hard working guys! And so easy to work with, it really was a DIY band feel as we are all friends and into similar music."
I would like to thank Danny for taking the time to answer my questions, he is such a lovely guy and I can personally see him getting far! He interacts with fans often and live streams with them!
Check out Danny's latest music video for 'I Didn't Like You (And I Really Mean It) on YouTube here!
Check out Danny's Twitter here and show him some love
Check out Danny on Spotify here!
What was your favourite gig to play? Any given reason?
"They were all so much fun, the response at every show was great! London was quite special as it was on a boat during the day! We literally rocked the boat!!"
You have a new single coming out soon, how is it coming along and can you tell me anything about it?
"I do have a new single coming out. I’m in the works of putting a music video together for it. It’s for a song called ‘Nerves’. It’s about shyness and self confidence. It’s one of my favourite songs to play live at the moment"
How did you go about forming the band? Some or most fans always knew you as a solo artist and im pretty sure they would love to know about the band and how it all came together!
"I am a solo artist, but the music I write is catered for a full band set up. When starting this solo project, I always knew at some point I would want a band behind me. I feel so lucky to have it for my first tour. Outside of this I do session work and I know the band members from session jobs I’ve done in the past. They are all very talented and hard working guys! And so easy to work with, it really was a DIY band feel as we are all friends and into similar music."
What inspires you as an artist? Did any bands or artists inspire you to begin music, if so, who?
"I always say this, but Blink 182 are one of the most inspirational bands to me. But the more I think about it, they were inspiring in ways more than just the music. Blink inspired me to be in a band but a lot of different music and artists inspired me to do music, ranging from Michael Jackson to Eminem to stereophonics."
Most of your songs have a meaning or a message behind them, could you give me an example of the message you are aiming to get across?
"A lot of the songs I’ve been writing recently touch on human emotions, that I feel we all go through and my experiences with them. For example, anxiety, self-doubt, shyness, I try to write on these subjects with a sense of optimism. But nothing I write really has any strategy behind it, the purpose I’m am doing music is because I would like to help others build self belief. I could go on for ages why I want to do this but i will go off on one and talk forever haha"
Do you have any advice for anyone trying to get into the music industry or that are trying to form a band?
"I always say this, but Blink 182 are one of the most inspirational bands to me. But the more I think about it, they were inspiring in ways more than just the music. Blink inspired me to be in a band but a lot of different music and artists inspired me to do music, ranging from Michael Jackson to Eminem to stereophonics."
Most of your songs have a meaning or a message behind them, could you give me an example of the message you are aiming to get across?
"A lot of the songs I’ve been writing recently touch on human emotions, that I feel we all go through and my experiences with them. For example, anxiety, self-doubt, shyness, I try to write on these subjects with a sense of optimism. But nothing I write really has any strategy behind it, the purpose I’m am doing music is because I would like to help others build self belief. I could go on for ages why I want to do this but i will go off on one and talk forever haha"
Do you have any advice for anyone trying to get into the music industry or that are trying to form a band?
"The first bit of advice is always remember why you started, most the time it’s because you love music yourself and you want to have fun with it."
I would like to thank Danny for taking the time to answer my questions, he is such a lovely guy and I can personally see him getting far! He interacts with fans often and live streams with them!
Check out Danny's latest music video for 'I Didn't Like You (And I Really Mean It) on YouTube here!
Check out Danny's Twitter here and show him some love
Check out Danny on Spotify here!

Comments
Post a Comment